1. What are cookies?
Cookies are text files that are downloaded onto users’ terminals (computer, tablet, mobile phone, among others) and which are saved in their browser’s memory. EducaciOnline may analyse the data contained in the cookies to improve its websites’ usefulness and offer more personalized information and services.
The browsing data retrieved by the cookies are anonymous and are not associated with any specific person. All personal information must be provided explicitly to EducaciOnline by the user.
Users can eliminate or disable cookies from their browser settings. If this should be done, the website will remain operational but without the advantages of personalization.
2. What types of cookies are used on EducaciOnline’s website fp.uoc.edu?
• Proprietary: these are cookies that are sent from a device or domain managed by EducaciOnline to the user’s terminal.
• Third party: these are cookies that are sent to the user’s terminal from a device or domain not managed or controlled by EducaciOnline. In this case, the cookies installed by EducaciOnline that compile information managed by third parties are included.
Third-party cookies can be used to measure and analyse users’ behaviour with the aim of improving their experience on EducaciOnline’s website fp.uoc.edu.
3. What are the purposes pursued by the cookies that are used?
The purposes of the cookies that are used are:
• Technical: The purpose of this type of cookie is to ensure satisfactory browsing of the website. This type of cookie enables the system to recognize the users who have registered and remember the user name and password, among other functions.
• Personalization: These cookies enable the user to access EducaciOnline’s website fp.uoc.edu with certain predefined general features, such as the language, the browser or the geographical location from where the service is accessed. This user information enables a better, more personalized service to be offered.
• Analytic: The anonymous data contained in these cookies allow users’ activity to be measured, tracked and studied in order to add improvements to EducaciOnline’s websites, applications and platforms.
• Advertising: These cookies enable advertising spaces to be managed based on criteria such as content editing or users’ browsing habits.
3. Which cookies are used by EducaciOnline?
COOKIE TYPE DURATION DESCRIPTION